The Wise Man's Fear: The Kingkiller Chronicle: Day Two

The Wise Man's Fear: The Kingkiller Chronicle: Day Two - Patrick Rothfuss Oh my word it took me way too long to read this book. I started it at the beginning of my winter break, which lasted for a month and which I naïvely thought would give me plenty of time in which to read this 1,000 or so page monster. I was very, very wrong. Still, after an impressively (read as: embarrassingly) long amount of time, I have finally finished this novel, and what a novel it was.

Really, writing a review for something like this feels pointless. It's one of those books that swallows you whole and makes you believe you're a part of it. It's hilarious and exciting and depressing and fun. There's death and there's love and there's trust and there's hatred and there's magic and there's misery. It's everything a hero story should be and so much more.

If you've read The Name of the Wind already, you should go get started on The Wise Man's Fear right now.

If you haven't, and you're in the market for a truly good set of books, pick up The Name of the Wind and get to reading.

If you're not in the market for a truly good set of books...why are you wasting your time reading this review?